Sunday, November 30, 2008

So many things to be thankful for...






I cant believe that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is here, wow that went by fast!!! We had a great Thanksgiving. We all stayed out at our old home, which is now being used as a family place to enjoy! My mom and me have been busy redoing it and making sure everyone had room and there were beds for the crew we have these days. With my sister's new additions and ours we have 7 kids and 6 adults (we are now out numbered), so beds are usually an issue and we are typically all spread out on blow up beds. This year we got smart and had bunk beds made, so all the kids except for Bennet slept in the same room. It really went waaaaaay better than expected getting them all to sleep. We also converted an old barn into a big dinning hall, last year the weather was terrible so we had 17 people crowed into our living room, it was totally out of hand. This year we got smart! Besides my mom getting a terrible cold, we all had a great time. We have so much to be thankful for this past year. It really has been a year of blessings. From bringing Bennet home, my father surviving a heart attach, my sister bringing her two girls home, and every small little blessing along the way, it really has been an amazing year. Now my tree is up, and we're getting ready for Christmas! I plan on taking things slllllooooow and really enjoying the holidays. I want to drink hot chocolate with the kids during the day and have red wine with Jason and friends at night. I look forward to the holiday parties, Christmas music, baking, eating, wrapping presents and all the wonderful things that with celebrating Jesus birthday!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is exactly how I picture Thanksgiving to be *sigh*. I love the set up in the barn and the table looks beautiful! Very thanksgiving-y.

Stephanee&Zach said...

It was beautiful!! Good job Marthas :) There is so very much to be thankful for and I am so excited that it is christmas time now!!! Woohoo for our shopping trip in three days!!!