Sunday, April 6, 2008

Beginning Week Four

So here we are about to start on week number four in waiting for our court date. I am feeling better than last week, feeling like it will happen soon and until then I will focus on things in the present and will tie up some loose ends while waiting. I do have something to share for all those waiting for health insurance letters, waiting for 171 letters, waiting for referrals, waiting for court dates, waiting for travel. During our process we hit a little road block in our dossier. After we got fingerprinted we waited and waited for our 171 letter, after week 8 we had Mary call CIS only to find that they had a question on our info. Several years back, in my stupid college days, I got myself a DUI. It was completly embarassing, but after all was said and done I learned a lesson, got it expunged and thought it would never come up again. Well, sure enough CIS found it and had some questions. Of course, fabulous Mary got it taken care of and we got our letter. The point is...at the time I was totally stressing that it was taking so long and feeling like our child was waiting on us but now I realize that if we wouldnt have had that delay, we wouldnt have gotten the same referral and Toufiq would not be ours. It is amazing how everything happens at the perfect time. So for all those waiting, there is a reason for the wait even if it is not apparent. Hang in there!

On another note, I took my neice, Allee, to her second horse show this weekend. She was riding her new pony and did her first jumping class. She did fabulous and got second in jumping and third in her flat class. I am so proud of her and so proud of how much she's learned and progress in the last year! Way to go Allee!!!

1 comment:

Shelly Roberts said...

Hey there! ... want me to take something for your little man???? You can send me a camera card and I can fill with pics and drop in the mail to you when we get home. Let me know. Much love, Shelly robertsfamily@mlgc.com