Tuesday, November 6, 2007

171 Letter, where are you????

Still waiting on that darn 171 letter. Everyday I think its going to be here but not yet! Its almost been four weeks which is how long I've heard that it takes after getting finger printed. So right now I'm looking into getting our shots out of the way and about to start with our education stuff. So nothing to exciting to report, just a little bit more waiting.

On a different note, my awesome sister and husband (she also has three kids, Allee-9, Jadon-5, and Ben-3) decided to open their home to a sweet 9 year old girl from the Ukraine for the holidays. She will be coming Dec 20th (i think) and staying for 3 weeks. We are all so excited to meet her. She doesn't speak English so the whole language thing might be a challenge but I cant wait to show her around and share in our Christmas festivities. We are such a crazy, out spoken (to say the least) family so I hope we don't scare to girl to death! I also want to have her and some of the other hosted children out to our farm to show them the horses and do all that fun stuff!

4 comments:

Angie said...

hi there! just discovered your blog. looks like we are in the same spot, waiting for that 171! i've seen a few blogs where this is the case. Good luck - I hope yours gets there soon. i'll be following your journey! :)

Stephanee Potts said...

Hey Ash,
Is that letter here yet?!! I can't wait to at least see my new little niece's/nephew's picture... I get more excited the closer you get.
I feel so special to make an appearance on your blog :) The good new is that I hear the Ukrainian/Russian culture is often loud and outgoing, so hopefully Nastya will fit right in. I definitely want to bring her to ride. See you Friday.
Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Where is it???? Do I need to start making some phone calls??? Steph, I am constantly amazed by all you do...I know this Christmas will be extra special for your family this year! Love you guys :)

emily said...

Hope it comes soon! We were printed on July 7th and it came on August 20th. About 6 weeks. We were printed in Ft. Worth.

Hang in there- it will come!! The wait is hard.....then the real wait begins:)