Friday, November 30, 2007

Waiting quietly


"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassion's never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."Lamentations 3:22-26

We are still waiting on that 171. Mary said that if its been over 6 weeks (next week is week 8) she can contact CIS. So Monday we'll call CIS and see where the heck our letter is! I am ready to get our paperwork done and be officially waiting. I'm getting so anxious, I really need to get a grip! I need to slow down, and enjoy the holidays and focus on that. I'm usually pretty good at finding peace in whatever stage of life that I'm in but this is sooooo much more challenging. Like all of you adopting, I wish I could just know a date, or know that in exactly three months I'd have a referral...I wish, I wish!!

2 comments:

Stephanee Potts said...

Great post Ash. It is so hard not to know. I know that you know that He knows and that it will happen in His perfect timing and wisdom, but hard to put that into practice. You know I struggle the same not knowing many things that are going on with our future and sometimes I really stress and don't rest in Him. But I love the verse and I love that God is faithful even when we are faithless (not that you are - you have amazing faith - but you know what I mean). This whole adoption journey is truly a walk of faith, and it's been awesome seeing ya'll go through it - wow! I can't wait to meet your baby and know God must have some perfect plan in the timing, and I am looking forward to seeing it all play out. Love you!
Steph

jeri said...

well its pretty hard for a rere(grandmother) to wait too!!! you know, baby, that verse has always been one of my favorites too. along with the song "great is thy faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies i see". so we will all just have to wait patiently on the Lord and He will bring that new baby to us in His time which is always perfect. until then, we will enjoy this blessed season together! i love you all, mom