Friday, April 27, 2007

Homestudy on Wednesday!!!

Our home study is officially scheduled!! The women doing our home study will be flying in from Dallas on Wednesday and will be here at 11. I am really excited, I am really feeling like we're making some progress. Up until now its all been paperwork so its great to be getting this done. I've heard that the home study is a really fun, enjoyable experience but my obsessive compulsive nature is coming out and is freaking out a bit about not being prepared! Last night I begged Jason to please try and appear normal, we all no that will be hard, just kidding honey! Seriously though it is giving me good motivation to finish a few projects around the house. I don't need everything perfect, just nice.

On a different note, did everyone see American Idol Gives Back? Seeing all the precious children really made me emotional. I'm scared at all the emotions that will over come me when I get to Africa. I was sobbing just watching Carrie Underwood's song with all the children. I am going to be a wreck. They are all SO beautiful. It is just amazing to me that there is such a need for medicine there, we are so blessed to live in country where if we're sick we get help, hungry we run to the store, all the small conveniences that we take for granted everyday. Did I hear it correctly that millions are dieing from Malaria when it takes a pack of pills to cure it? I just cant imagine. Where is help? I cant imagine experiencing such tragedy and death in a lifetime, death to them is the norm. Parents loosing children, children loosing parents...its heartbreaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I saw it...can't miss a single episode! I was a wreck too, and I just kept thinking about your baby!! I've been excited, but now I absolutely can't wait. Do you need your "nanny" to come to Africa with you??????? :) Ash, you are a true inspiration and each day I pray that this entire experience and transition will be perfect for you guys. I know it will be. LOVE YOU!