Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Almost home!

Here is an email that Jason sent yesterday about his Embassy appointment:





So me and Belay were at the Em. today. We waited and waited and then they finally called my name. We walk up to the guy that looks exactly like the skinny guy in That 70's show, and he ask is your wife here, I say no she already flew back to the US. "Well she needs to sign this I-600 form and come back when it is signed. I will keep the paperwork warm for you" My heart sank and my blood pressure shot up. So then we got ahold of you my sweet darling and you came through in the clutch and we halled ass back to the embassy and it closes at 5pm and we get there at 4:27pm. All the windows are shut except one and they tell us to take a seat. What happened to keep the paperwork warm???? 4 minutes before 5pm the skinny guy walks up to the window and goes through our paperwork and then does some little stupid interview that doesn't even matter. THEN he says it will be ready for you on Wednesday after lunch. I about have a heart attack. I said I am on a plane tomorrow and the next available flight is September 6th is there anything we can do and is this a problem. He says "It's not my problem and then laughs" If there wasn't plexy glass there I would have killed him. I say again is there a request or something that I can file to expedite this because there are no alternatives. He then says let me check and see what I can do. It will be ready by 10am tomorrow. I then had a sense of relief and almost passed out.





So I love this story. I love how the Embassy guy was totally just messing with him. I think if that was my job I would do the same. Say the person is NEVER gonna leave and then just watch their face, awesome! I dont think Jason is finding the humor. Well, all is set, I talked to him last night and he was packing. He says he's a little nervous about the plane ride. Toufiq tends to be a normal 20 month old and loves to throw fits in public. Everyone knows how that goes. God Bless Jason, he's really been a trooper for his boy. I told him that know one says childbirth is easy!! At least it didnt go on for nine months! Heres Toufiq livin it up in the van on the way to crater lake. Wonder how he feels about carseats?

6 comments:

Laura and Brad said...

yeah, that ought to make for an interesting ride home from the airport!
I am so enjoying reading your blog- You are a funny,funny girl Ashley!

Unknown said...

Just to give you more to think about, Molly was 20 minths old when we came home and she screamed the entire way home from the airport bc of her carseat!!!!!! Bring some toys to distract him :)

Unknown said...

i meant months - trying to type with a baby on my lap!!!

Stephanee&Zach said...

Today, today, today!!! I get to meet my nephew!!! I can't wait to see his reunion with his mommy! Ash it has been such a blessing for me to watch you guys walk through this journey thus far...
Love you and so happy for you all!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!
What an ordeal!!!!!!!!!!
I so hope that it isn't repeated with us!
So glad that your family will be reunited soon!
Blessings,
Kristy

Rebecca said...

yay, yay, yay!!! Can't wait to see the video. My e-mail is rebeccalynnwinter at gmail dot com.

Thank you soooo much!