Monday, July 7, 2008

Another Monday

Another Monday, which means another conference call, which means another step closer to Bennet. I believe this was the fifth conference call. Actually they're kinda fun (hey-trying to be positive here). Its interesting all the different views on the 'hold up' in Ethiopia. I think I'm supposed to be extremely vague on the situation so that's about it, I suppose. I did learn something that was exciting to me, as we all know the rainy season is about to begin in Ethiopia so the courts will shut down from Aug. to the beginning of Oct., however if you get through the court process before they shut down you can still travel during those months and the embassy is still open. I thought that there was no hope for travel during those months, so yea! I'm staying hopeful that things will get rolling soon!

I do have some wonderful news about adoption, just not our adoption. My sister's family are getting SO close to bringing their girls home. They got their admission date for their dossier. I believe its August 9th (i was at the grocery store when she called so i cant really remember) and since the girls are older there is a great chance that they will get to travel quickly. Like September!!!! I cant believe they are going to be a family of 7, wow how much fun!!!!

On a different note, it rained today which if your in central Texas you know is a great thing! Rainy summer afternoons always makes me think of when I was a kid and lived in town in our childhood home. I just remember playing in our driveway and how it smelled. I love it when it rains during the summer, its so warm and peaceful.

2 comments:

Stephanee&Zach said...

Hey Ash - love the new picture through the fish glass :) And great memory of rain at the old house :) It's funny how a smell or a song or something will suddenly bring to mind a specific memory or season of life. I LOVE that! I am so excited that maybe you can still travel in August. Praying, praying!

Ellen Enright said...

This is an exciting post. I've been checking your blog almost daily to see how close y'all are getting to bringing that cute little boy I saw in Ethiopia home!!!
-Ellen Enright