Monday, July 21, 2008

11 days to go


This was one of our referral pics, I love it. Just how I had pictured him!

I cant believe that we're off to Africa in two weeks! So far we have booked our flights, and our hotel reservations and now I'm starting on packing. I'm terrified about this flight, 15 hrs on a plane is not my idea of fun. Thats right, 15, not including our flight from Austin to Washington which is 3 with a FIVE hour layover. I am not a great flyer so on the way there I plan on self medicating however on the way back with a 18 month old I may freak out...wow wow wow! Maybe I'll just accidentally take an ambien and let Jason take over on the flight home :)

Lots of people have been asking where Ella will be staying while us and my parents are gone...she will be staying with the Potts family, or the potts, pans, spoons, and knives as she calls them. My sister only has three kids right now but Ella thinks its a heard! And when I say 'only has three' thats because she is adopting two girls from the Ukraine. Actually while we're gone the two girls will be coming for a short hosting trip! So thats right, you have added correctly, Stephannee will have SIX children while we're away. What a trooper she is! Ella may be in utter shock that week but I figure it will break her in for her new life with a brother! Thanks Potts!

4 comments:

Stephanee&Zach said...

We can't wait! I wonder who's 10 days will be crazier :)

Unknown said...

I am so excited for ya'll! We flew back with a 20 month old and it was actually okay. We had some little toys with us and baby benadryl!!!!!

Laura and Brad said...

That sounds like a great idea! It will give Daddy some good one on one time too! I can't believe it is only 11 days. Awesome!

~Laura~ said...

What a cutie. The flight is one of the biggest issues with me & adopting from ethiopia. I don't travel well. I plan to medicate as well. :)