Friday, January 11, 2008

Not a 'Goodbye'

All the kids on Christmas eve. (Nastya is the blone in the black dress) So this past wednesday we all had to say goodbye to Nastya (for those that do not know, she is an orphan from the Ukraine that my sister's family has been hosting for the past three weeks). All I can say is talk about 'footprints on the heart'. She has forever changed our family. It is amazing how children can endure soooo much in such a short lifetime yet still have so much love, trust, and compassion in them. I think one of the hardest parts of putting her on the plane was the unknown. As many of you know, adoption is very volatile, expecially in Ukraine. My sister and her family are planning to do everything they can to adopt her but there are many obstacles in the way. I hope so much that wednesday was not a 'goodbye' but just a 'see ya later'. I will miss her sweet smile, her boastful voice, watching her tackle new challenges (like figure out how to ride a bike in a matter of 4 hours), seeing her eyes light up as she rides the cones (horses). Please everyone keep my Nastya in their prayers.





1 comment:

jeri said...

i pray that God will show us all His will in all this with nastya and that He will keep that sweet girl in His care. i too miss her. i cant even imagine that it was goodbye. surely she will come back to us somehow! love, mom