Wednesday, May 9, 2007

An apple a day...keeps the doctor way

Yeah, I have my paperwork from my doctor!! No more blood work, tests, shots, picking and prodding...well at least until we get a travel date then I guess Jason will have to drag me in for some immunizations shots. Now I need to tackle the passport. Here's the history...I went to the court house the first time to get my passport done and I didn't have my birth cert., so I ask the lady, "Is that ALL I'm going to need?" and she replies with a yes. So the next day I go back. Now keep in mind that I'm having to actually fix my hair and put on makeup because of the photo so this is a HUGE inconvenience for me. So I get out all my paperwork, my birth cert in hand, I'm feeling confident when she ask me for two forms of ID. Now for most people it wouldn't be a big deal. But of course this is for me. See when I got married I didn't go and change my name however most things are in my 'Ashley Roberts' name such as, health insurance, checks, etc, just I never changed it legally. So I have my license as my one form yet have NOTHING as a second. Not a libary card, credit card, health card, NOTHING. She turns me away again. To make matters worse the woman is completely enjoying my failure. Jason of course is also enjoying this because he's been telling me to change my name for two years now. But its going to be okay, I have found a way to prove that I am Ashley Rutledge, and today I WILL get my passport!!

No comments: