Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gotcha Day!


Just one year ago today we held our little Bennet Toufiq-y for the first time. I say 'we' held it was more like I held, if you remeber Bennet wasnt always such a fan of his dad! Wow, how he changed! Bennet has gone from an angry, confused, sad little boy to a wild, loving, outgoing 2 year old. He has been such an unbelievable blessing to this family. I honestly cannot remember life with our him. He is soooooo strong willed, and can sometimes drive me out of my mind but he has the sweetest little heart with the most expressive face you've ever met. Today we celebrated with family, we celebrated Bennet's life, and how he has forever changed this family. We went around and all said what we loved about him the most, the favorites were anywhere from his beautiful eyes, his adventurus spirit (thanks allee) to always ready and willing to play (love those potts). I said my favorite was his snuggles, he gives hugs that will melt your heart. I really cannot believe its been a year since we met him it seems like yesterday that I was in the airport getting 'the call' that we had a son. At the same time it seems like Bennet has always been here, I can't imagine my day with out him.


Our referral pic.


This was taken right after Travis left Bennet with us. 10 minutes later he was out cold, just a little stressful on the little guy.




And here he is last week playing with his two favorite princesses, sorry Ben one day you will kill your Tia!

6 comments:

Amy B. said...

Beautiful post. Bennet has grown so much over the last year...and such a handsome young man :) I love the picture at the bottom...Nathan has serval princess pictures too :)

Shasta said...

I was thinking of you yesterday - and the other families in our travel group. I can hardly believe it's been one year! What a joy these boys are to their families!

Stephanee Potts said...

I love you so much Bennet Toufiqy!! I too cannot imagine life without you. I've loved your visits at our house this week. Come by more often!!

Emily said...

tears, Ash...I have tears running down my face! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. Praise God for the blessings he brings!!

jeri said...

bennet, what would life be without you? one big difference would be that there would not be near as many laughs as you are a hoot, little toufigy! and i love you more each day. i thank God for picking you out just for us. i remember a year ago when we first met you. you were so sad and shy. well, my grandson, that has all changed. not a shy, sad bone in your little body anymore and i cant wait to watch you grow up. love, rere

Unknown said...

I love you so much Bennet Toufiqy!!


--
Jenifer
Are you scared to be alone at home need security