Friday, July 17, 2009

Ready, set, go!



I cant believe it, we are actually doing it! We are actually preparing to start our MASSIVE house addition/remodel. We are still in the planning stages but are hoping to have the slab started by September. Right now we live in my grandmothers old house, right now its cute, and functional but oh soooo small. It was a one bedroom one bath until last summer we turned the garage into a bedroom for the kids. But we are busting at the seams, Jason's closet is now the laundry room, the one bathroom with no bath tub is driving us nuts, and the kitchen/living room could use some TLC. A part of me cant wait to tackle this project and the other half is saying, NO NO NO, we cannot possibly deal with a construction site. Can you even imagine Bennet living around a construction site??? I have nightmares just thinking of it. The dirt, the hammering, the NAILS, the constant people working around my home, wow. I just keep telling myself that the end result will be worth it. oh and did i mention that Jason will be the general contractor? Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Stephanee&Zach said...

You forgot to mention that ya'll may be living part of the time with your co-contractor - aka father :) Enjoy those zoning and planning committee meetings over dinner!! Whew! It will be worth it though - for sure. Just keep repeating that over and over...

Unknown said...

I love the picture at the bottom...


--
Jenifer
Are you scared to be alone at home need security