Saturday, May 2, 2009

Today might be the day


Today might be the day that I go officially insane. Jason has been out of town ALL week, so that has left me to tend to two kids, three dogs, cats, plus the 10 horses because our barn help has also been out of town. I've been giving lessons, and trying to help my niece with her new horse, usually getting back to the house around 8 every night. I think last night I finally got a shower around 9:30, I wont even go into how amazing I looked, not to mention the desperate need to shave. Oh, and please may I mention that my considerate neighbor that has 300 acres to run his cattle business on chooses to keep about 200 of his cows in a pen RIGHT next to our house. Last night it was time to separate the babies from their mothers, so you can only imagine what that sounds like, I can barely hear myself think (perhaps thats a blessing). To top it off today is Jason's alumni golf tourn. so he will be gone all day today too!

Lets see, Bennet wakes up around 7:30 and begins saying "momma", he probably says "momma" 1000 times in one day. Since coming home from Ethiopia he has cried EVERY time we put him down for either nap or bedtime. When I say cry, I mean hysterically screams. Now please, no one get all 'adoption issue' on me, he simply hates to sleep, period. We recently thought perhaps he just hates his crib (which he does) so we got him a 'big boy bed' which is now named big boy. Did that help? NO. Is he screaming right now? YES. This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass. Right?

No comments: