Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bribery...works every time

Every few months we try our best to get out to the farm and stay for a night or two. It is so nice out there this time of year, before the 100 degree weather hits. We usually go out there to just get away, to mow the always over grown grass, check the horses, and the farm dog Sandy. I still have a couple horses there being boarded so I usually make a quick drive out there once a week to check and make sure they are doing ok, but getting to stay a night is always a treat. It is truly God's country. The rolling hills, oak trees with limbs that touch the ground, a babbling creek, that really great grass that blows in the wind just right. Seriously it really is this nice! The only down fall and the reason we moved is that its a bit off the beaten path, plus it is a ton of work I tell ya. Always grass to mow, fences to fix, usually some sort of water well crisis, you know, typical farming issues!

While there I was able to fit in a quick photo shoot. These days, the minute I pull out the camera my kids seem to magically disappear or turn into little monsters. Seriously, Bennet refuses to look at me when I have it out. So, as any good mom/photographer would do, I resorted to good ol fashioned bribery. You guys act like precious little children while I take pictures of you, I give you some m&m's. It worked like a charm!




4 comments:

Stephanee Potts said...

beautiful photos! I would like to go out there more too - it is heavenly!!!

jeri said...

those are some beautiful shots!!! probably helps that you have beautiful children and of course i am not biased! it was a fun overnite stay, wasnt it? i love it there. thanks for helping always on the maintence there. love you, mommie

Robs said...

M&Ms! Brilliant! they're beautiful ash.
-robs

Unknown said...

Thanks for helping always on the maintence there.


--
Jenifer
Are you scared to be alone at home need security