Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat






Wow. I forgot what a whirlwind Halloween weekend can be! We kicked it off with Ella's school's Halloween carnival that they have every year, even when I went there. I remember the haunted house in the cafeteria, with grapes as eye balls, spaghetti noodles as brains, and my mom dressing up as a witch, cackle and all. This year was no different and I felt it only fitting that I dress up as a witch. I know, I know mom, my costume wasn't hand sewn and I didn't have a black tooth but all and all I think I made a great witch! I held down the bean bag toss! That evening we did some trick or treating, ate tons of candy, the adults had stew, and the kids played Ghost in the Grave Yard with flashlights! It was really a fun night! Then the next day it carried over into Ella's ballet class where they got to dress up again and get more candy. I can wait til Monday when some of her candy disappears while she's at school. I wonder what happened to it???? I would never throw away perfectly good candy.

3 comments:

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

We are happy to see that the "snap snaps" are still a favorite part of Bennett's wardrobe! Has he taken them off yet?

What is the latest on your sister? Does she have her kids home from Ukraine yet?

coffeemom said...

Man, you guys know how to do it right. Big fun! M

jeri said...

what is the saying "the apple never falls too far away from the tree"? glad you carried on the tradition!!! i thought you were a very classy witch. too funny and what fun was had by all! love you, mommie