Friday, August 15, 2008

weight loss, head lice, and lost luggage

Alrighty, so I got an email from Jason this morning and heres the newest. He and Toufiq were at one of the orphanages with our FABULOUS driver, Solomon. Solomon was playing with toufiq when he noticed a little something something. Drum role....he has head lice!!! I know I know, he lived in an orphanage, he was surrounded by other children, the odds are good that he may have this, BUT I am freaking out a bit! Solomon took Jason and Toufiq to a local barber that he said wouldnt make Toufiq cry and shaved his hair. Now i'm thinking perhaps it was a trick. See all the Ethiopians keep asking Jason if Toufiq is a little girl because his hair has gotten so long. Side note: it is only a few inches and has the most beautiful curls ever. So I'm telling myself that there was no problem but they just wanted his hair cut! Now Jason and Toufiq are sanitizing what they call Prison Cell 721 (the hotel room). And for those who are thinking it but wont ask, NO so far I do not have lice and am NOT going to get it, I refuse! I am buying a kit today and will treat him when he steps off the plane! What if we had to shave off Ella's beautiful mane, she would loose it, ha ha !!!

As for our paperwork...it finally was sent by CIS electronically to the NVC and is now in Addis!! Let me hear an AMEN!!! He tried to get his passport today but it didnt show up at the Em. until 11am and the man that needed to sign off left at 10. They close at noon on Friday, love it!!! AWESOME! So they promised that he would get his stuff on Monday and be on the plane on Tuesday and home by Wednesday. I told Jason that this is almost as painful as childbirth and that perhaps we are 1-1 with children! I at least had drugs! Maybe he should pick up some Chat (Ethiopian plant that they chew and 'medicates' them. It turns they're gums bright green).

As for me. I am going to sleep around 8 and waking up around 4am! I weighed myself yesterday and I lost a total of 10 lbs. If you know me, you know that I am blessed in the weight department and really didnt have 10 lbs to loose. I look like I might blow away! Dont worry, I've already chowed down on steak, fried chicken, and every fruit and salad imaginable! Tonight I have a nice tub of bluebell waiting!

As for families that I promised pics for. The airlines lost my bag, I just received it so I will go through it all and mail those out today or tomorrow. The babies and children are beautiful and it was such an honor to met them and stand in for their mothers for a day!

8 comments:

CFA said...

Hey Ashley, Jerri, Pud, Ella, Jason, and Kojak!

So glad you are almost all together again. You have been on my mind so often--we miss you!

Mentamer is pretty sick, but the hospital let her go yesterday. I will try to put in on our blog later, but it as been pretty hectic. Please tell everyone hello form the Conners, and we can't wait until Jason gets that sweet baby boy HOME!

Much love,
Natalie

Unknown said...

Ashley, I'm so glad to hear that Jason and Toufiq will soon be on their way HOME! Yeah! Chris and I have been thinking about all of you. We feel lucky to have traveled together and hope to remain in touch! Love, Shasta

Shelly Roberts said...

Not his CURLS!!! I can attest to the fact of his GORGEOUS hair!!! Praying all goes well and you are united finally together as a family at last. Much love~ Shelly

Jan and Randy said...

Just got off the phone with my husband who is over there this week. He did attest to the fact that the curls are now gone. Sorry. Hope he gets home soon and the curls grow back quickly.

Jan

coffeemom said...

LOVE the pics!! Lice is a passing thing, we've had it from school in America....no fun but no huge deal! And we are with on Solomon, he is just the best guy! Ever. Your Toufiq is gorgeous, crinkly smiles are the best. Enjoy and you'll all be together soon! Go eat something!

msl said...

aaawwww! They looked like really great curls to! Good thing they grow back! So glad your paperwork finally made it through!! Only a couple more days till everyone is home!!
Maureen

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I had the same weight issues. You know, after being home 4 months, I am finally back to my original weight.

Enjoy your new family!

Natalie Fournet said...

What a journey...wow! I am so glad that it is almost over!

Did you happen to take any pictures of the boy/girl twins?