Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Update

So a few new updates...I'll give you the good news first...Bennet is feeling better, he is on antibiotics for seven days and is back at the Gladney center. Mary is going to try and get an update soon.

Now the bad news...the commitee that makes the first decision did not review our file for whatever reason so therefore the courts could not make a decision as well. Belay convinced them to leave our file open instead of closing the file and re-issuing a new date. This means that once the commitee makes a decision it will go straight to the court and they will make a decision. Anyways, Mary is hopeful that this will happen this week so we are back to waiting, waiting, waiting.

6 comments:

The Soucys said...

I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass today! You will be in my prayers, I hope you hear something this week! I'm glad Bennet is feeling better!!!!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh, I am so glad that Bennet is on the mend. I'll be praying for you topass court this week so that you can go be with your little guy!
Blessings,
Kristy

Stephanee&Zach said...

Hey Ash,
You know the Potts are praying!!
Benjamin told me that he had a dream last night about Toufiq and "that God told him that Toufiq would be okay but that it might take awhile" No kidding - that is what he randomly told me today - we weren't talking about it but we had prayed for Bennet last night. Who knows - but it is sweet that he is thinking about Bennet and even dreaming about him. I think we are going to hear good news VERY soon!! I am so thankful they didn't have to reschedule court and take many more weeks.

Love you,
Steph

Shelly Roberts said...

SO glad to see an update! Will be praying hard that all will pass through yet this week. I know Belay is so eager for these children to be united with their families! Keep us posted. Much love, Shelly

Unknown said...

Praying for you guys! What a sweet Benjamin! Love the fact that he had a dream about Bennet. I'm sure you will hear this week!!!! Can't wait to meet this precious little boy! Love, the Hill Family

graceling said...

So glad Bennet is feeling better- it's too hard to know your baby is sick and feel like there is nothing you can do!

Praying you hear something this week about court!