Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One more week

Exsactly one more week til court! I am really excited, nervous, happy, scared, all at once. I hope hope hope we get through the first time, that would be awesome!! We're going on the same day as our court date to get all of our shots, i'll be glad to get that checked off my million things to do list. On a different adoption note, my sister and her family are hosting Nastya and her sister from the Ukraine for the summer. They are in the process to adopt them but have hit a few bumps in the road which may cause it to be later than sooner, so it will be great to have them here all summer, plus we havent met Kaytia (spelling?) yet!

On a non adoption note, my father had to have his apendix out last night. He had been telling my mom that his right side hurt and that he thought he was coming down with something. My mom is all her wisdom pulled up the good ole world wide web and did some research and took him to the ER last night around 11. After 5 hours in the waiting room he was finally seen and taken into surgery about two hours later. I went up there this morning and saw him when he got out. He is doing good, sleeping and snoring, and looking soooo much like Jack Nickelson in As Good As it Gets, its scary. Hopefully he will not parade around the hospital bare a**! -if you havent seen the movie I highly recommend

2 comments:

graceling said...

It's getting close! Woot!

Shelly Roberts said...

email me your address quick and I"ll get your camera card out to you!! Your boy was SO sleepy the first time we visited ... then I went back and got some more photos for you. So happy to see you got a court date! I assured his caregivers you would be coming!!! They are SO happy to know he has a family waiting for him and I told them he has a little sister too! :) Much love, ~Shelly robertsfamily@mlgc.com