Thursday, April 24, 2008

Random blog

So what do you blog about when you have absolutely NO new adoption news???? Well a have a few random thoughts...

First off...so the other day was Earth day and normally I dont really take notice however this year I was reading some stuff and decided to make a few changes and try to do my part. Ok so for the next 6 months I'm going to try to recycling which really shouldnt be a big deal however since we dont live in town we have to drop our recycle stuff off once a week, but I figure I'm already out running around so why not?!? The next thing is grocery bags. I ordered reusable ones and am going to keep them in my car. It is crazy how long a single bag takes to decompose. So there you have a few little changes!! And, NO we are not going to cloth diapers, that is a lovely thought (well, not really) but I just dont think I can do that!

The other thing thats on my mind is in fact American Idol, I love me some idol!!! I hated seeing the Scottish girl go home, I really liked her. And this might upset some people, but can Jason please hit the road already. I mean come on, the hair, the song, its time! I do however love the girl that sang last night, you know the, bleeding love song. I wish sooooo badly that I could sing. I often think if I just keep trying my voice will slowly morph into Mariah Carrie, Whitney Houston, Patty Griffin, or maybe that Dixie Chick girl. Jason assures me that its not! I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be able to live my dream through Ella either. Every morning she heads out onto our patio and belts out a song and unfortunately I think she's got her mom's vocals!!!

2 comments:

Shelly Roberts said...

Oh sweet girl ..... I remember the wait. Go get yourself some scrapbook supplies!!! When I get home you're gonna have pictures to preserve of your little man while you wait for him! :) Hang in there!! ~Shelly

Amy B. said...

I started doing those same things over the last year or so...it is amazing how much you can recycle and how much you can keep out of the landfills. Also, we started using Nature Babycare diapers. They are 100% biodegradable, but still disposable. I was like you and said that I just didn't think I could do cloth diapers, but this was a good environmentally friendly alternative for me.:)Hope you hear something about court really really soon.

Amy

Another good thing is that 1-800 diapers sell these diapers...so they are delivered right to your door. Here is the link:
http://www.diapers.com/Shop/Brands.aspx?CategoryID=1&CategoryName=DIAPERS&BrandCode=NATY&BrandName=Nature%20babycare