Sunday, March 16, 2008

Benit Toufiq Roberts


We have a son!!!! I cant believe it! Toufiq is absolutely gorgeous (spoken like a true mom), and is almost 15months (there is a little bit of confusion on this but will know find out for sure from Mary on Monday). He is at the Gladney care center and has been there the whole time, which makes me feel so much better. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about all the care givers there.

So here is how we got the news...as you know we have been on a family ski trip in Vail Col. for the past week. I have been telling everyone that I just knew we would get our referral while on our trip so as the week past I was feeling very sorry for myself. So Friday we were at the Denver Airport, had JUST stepped through security (like literally just put back on my boots) when I checked my phone to see how much time we had. Low and behold there it was, a unidentified missed call. I of course knew it was Mary, Jason of course told me to calm down that there was no way it was her. Sure enough, she left me a message to call her as soon as I could. So there we were, Me, Jason, Ella and my parents screaming in the middle of the airport. Mary was so wonderful and patient while we tore the airport apart looking for a computer. We all sat in an airport Internet cafe, seeing for the first time our son, Ella's brother, and my parents newest grand baby. What a moment!!! I cannot describe the feeling of seeing a picture of your son for the first time, it was awesome!

To all those families that have traveled Jan. to now, please please email me if you have any pictures of children at the Gladney orphanage or if you perhaps met him. I am dying for more info!!! ash_flo@hotmail.com

Please keep us in your prayers, the real wait now begins. Please pray that we get a court date quickly. I wish I could just freeze time and not let him grow another inch until we have him in our arms!!!

12 comments:

graceling said...

Awesome! I am sooooo happy for you! That was a pretty quick referral:)

Can't wait until you have more info and a court date!

Angie said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY - how amazing!!!

Shawn and Jami said...

congratulations...how exciting!

jami

The Soucys said...

Congratulations! Wow, what a surprise! This is wonderful!!!

Natalie Fournet said...

Wonderful news...we are soooo happy for your referral! And love the story of the call...

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Steph told me about your experience at the airport!!!! How exciting. We are praying for a quick trip!!!!!!! We can't wait to meet him. God Bless you guys!!! Love,
Becca

Shelly Roberts said...

How fun!! ... I love to hear referral stories. May the Lord strengthen and encourage you each day while you wait to go see him with your own eyes. Blessings~ Shelly

Stephanee Potts said...

You know how incredibly excited I am - it just can't be put into words! I can not wait for lots of snuggles and playtime... I sooooo wish I could go to Ethipia with you - you better blog a lot and take LOTS of pics and video!!! But I'll have a great time with Ella while you'r gone! We are all praying for sweet Benit and that he comes home very soon!!

Love you,
Steph

Laura W. said...

WOW! that was a quick referral! YEA! I'm so excited and happy for you and your family. God speed on your court date.

jeri said...

i am so excited about toufiq!!!!!! you said you would get your referral on our ski trip and you were right!! i will never forget jason's excitement when he learned he had a son! i love his name and think he is adorable!! i know that's ella's description of her new brother but it fits to a tee! i cant wait to travel to ethiopia with you to share in this experience and to meet my newest grandson!!! snd i want to have stories to tell him about where he is from! its been a long wait but now we can shop for clothes, fix up his room, get him some toys and dream about playing with him!!! hope we travel soon. i love you all so much and know toufiq will be a wonderful blessing to our family. mommie

Heather said...

Congrats on your new son! Love the story about finding out in the Denver airport. What a great memory.

Heather

~Laura~ said...

YAY!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait his sweet face!