Friday, June 1, 2007

Somewhat of a time line

Everyone is asking when we'll be getting a referral so here is a little time line for you guys:
  • Finish the last little bit of paperwork for Gladney
  • Finish putting together our paperwork part of the dossier
  • Finger prints
  • Get our CIS letter
  • Have all that notarized
  • Send it all to KBS for Authen.
  • Then the dossier will be sent to Ethiopia
  • What we've all been waiting for...the referral

Something else that will hold things up a little...Ethiopia has a rainy season. It literally rains everyday for about two months. Image the living situations now, and then add major rains, wow. So if we don't (which I seriously doubt we will) have our dossier turned in by July 1st to Ethiopia then we can still get our referral however we cant travel until October. I am soo ready to see our baby's picture however I also cant imagine seeing her or him and not being able to just jump on a plane and go. So I suppose the goal is to get everything turned in and ready so that when the rain stops we'll be on our way! All in perfect timing I guess...

6 comments:

Stephanee Potts said...

Thanks for the timeline! If you could just send a little memo to Ethiopia and let them know that the best schedule for your sister is late November... Just kidding, it truly will happen in the perfect timing that the Lord has to bring you to your little baby and him/her to you - He is in charge of every detail. I can't wait though! Amy's blog has me way too excited!
Love you,
Steph

Anne said...

Just stumbled across your blog and I thought that I'd say "hi." We have a lot in common, my husband and I also have a 2 1/2 year old (3 in August) little girl and we just returned from Ethiopia with our newest addition- also a little girl in late March (She will be 1 in August). We also used Gladney and LOVED LOVED LOVED them! (actually, I am assuming you are using Gladney since you mentioned KBS). Okay, so another similarity-my husband is also a realtor!

Kind of cool....

Anne
www.elizabethalem.blogspot.com

Jana said...

hey--just found you and am adding you to my sidebar! my husband and i are just starting an adoption. :)

The Elliott Family said...

Found your blog from another blog...we are in Georgetown, not so far away!

Congratulations on this incredible journey!

Rachel
http://heartinafrica.blogspot.com

emily said...

Found you from Jana's page- isn't this the coolest thing? We are also in the "process"! We are here in Arlington- have a great friend from Sequin and my sis lives in SA! Blessings to you.
Emily

Amy B. said...

I am amazed. We are almost at the exact same place. And even funnier...I just put a posting up that looks almost exactly like yours. Our site is www.ourjourenytoethiopia.blogspot.com
Maybe we will be traveling together :)Amy